It sure is nice to find someone that appreciates all the things we do. I have been a baby sitter, taxi driver, tour guide, pet walker, mover, provided storage, assistant, therapist, consoler, divorce attorney (although I have never given legal advice! Take that you lawsuit happy loons!) to name just a few of the non-real estate related specialties.
TO get it sold: Photographer, House cleaner, interior decorator, valuation expert, advisor, contract writer (or form filler-outer), financial advisor/consultant………geez, I am getting tired. I really need a pay raise!
And don't forget JAILER!! Best way to get those contracts signed!!
But I must admit that, typically, I enjoy what I do and it is a fulfilling experience when a buyer/seller closes on their home. It isn't that often I want to lock them up and throw away the key.
Can I have real estate opinions if I'm not in real estate?
In just four days I celebrate my two-month anniversary at ActiveRain.
It's not very easy networking socially on a real estate social networking site when you're not even in real estate! It's easy to comment on a picture or something like that, but reading some of these blog posts can really make a non-real estate person feel like a dunce. That makes me wonder if I can I have real estate opinions if I'm not in real estate. I own my condo, although I still have a mortgage. Does that count? Hoping it does, because here are some of my opinions from two months at ActiveRain:
- You people work hard! I wish the Realtor who helped me buy my condo ten years ago had your work ethic.
- It's too bad that those people who do national polls about best and worst professions don't spend a little time here at ActiveRain so they could put an asterisk on their poll:
*Note: Although this poll indicates that real estate agents rank low, if you need a great agent, check out ActiveRain.
- Not only do you people work hard, but you have to be the friendliest and most positive people in the world. Even when you're mad, upset, ranting... it's a positive madness. Never thought I would actually enjoy listening to (neé reading) people rant.
- I've never been outside the state of California, not even to Las Vegas or Tijuana, both of which hug the California border. After two months at ActiveRain, I have a bucket list of a hundred places and people to visit, and I have a lot of time left (hopefully) to check them off my bucket list.
- Who knew that agents, mortgage lenders, home inspectors, stagers.... have so many other interests? Family, faith, photography, cars, trains, planes, travel, wildlife, gardening, sports, pets, cooking, music, movies... I suggest that ActiveRain hire someone to scour the blogs and find the best photos, the best recipes, the best... and publish a book or two or three: The Best of ActiveRain Photos, The Best of ActiveRain Recipes, The Best of ActiveRain Pets.... If any of these come to pass, I claim royalties!
- Not sure if I will ever understand much of this real estate stuff, but it sure is fun to try to make heads and tails out of it. Still doesn't make me want to be one of you, though, and since I don't understand a lot of it, I might not leave a comment after reading your post. Forgive me?
- I think that you people don't get paid enough, especially for those times when you have to be a taxi cab, a babysitter, a tour guide, a divorce attorney, a therapist, and on and on. Maybe you should have some a la carte services.
"Nice to meet you, Mr. and Mrs. Buyer. I'll be happy to help you find a home. In addition to finding that dream home, I have many other services at very reasonable prices: babysitter, therapist, tour guide, taxi cab...."
- The best place for news of any sort is right here at ActiveRain. Turn off the television and throw the newspaper away!
Licensed to SELL - Dedicated - Experienced - Honest - Than Maynard - Purcell, OK
|REALTOR, CRB, Certified Short Sale agent, Certified Foreclosure Agent, Accredited REO Agent|
|Coldwell Banker Heart of Oklahoma Real Estate|
|1726 N Green Avenue, Purcell, OK 73080|